The best homeschool resource is now bigger and better than ever! Updated and expanded for a new generation of Christian parents, this indispensable resource belongs on the shelf of every homeschooling family.
In addition to more than 500 pages of parent-tested ideas, solutions, homeschool suppliers, and curriculum recommendations, you will find:
* Six ingredients of a successful homeschool
* Keys to unlocking your child's learning potential
* Ten ways to motivate the reluctant learner
* Creative solutions for burnout, budgeting, and managing your time
This new edition includes a guide to using the Internet and new technology in your home school. You will also get the latest information on teaching middle school and high school courses, including a list of academic contests and competitions. Tips on multilevel teaching and engaging toddlers and a resource guide with up-to-date contact information round out this amazing tool!
Get a complete, comprehensive, and easy-to-use math curriculum to use on the computer.
Math Mammoth Light Blue Series constitutes a full elementary mathematics curriculum for grades 1st through 6th.
Each grade level in the curriculum consists of two student worktexts (PDFs) and supportive materials, which include answer keys, tests, additional cumulative reviews, and a worksheet maker (Internet access required).
Some main features of the Math Mammoth complete curriculum are:
- mastery oriented: it concentrates fairly long on one topic, with fairly few topics per grade;
- focuses on conceptual understanding;
- uses lots of visual models and exercises based on those;
- emphasizes mental math and developing number sense;
- nearly self-teaching since the explanations of concepts are found in the student worktext. Thus this curriculum requires fairly little preparation time from the teacher
Get 30% off math curriculum from New Leaf Press!
Great for ages 12 to 15!
What is included?
- Exploring the World of Mathematics textbook
- Exploring the World of Physics textbook
- Parent Lesson Planner, weekly lesson schedule, student worksheets, quizzes & tests, answer key
- One year of science curriculum
- 1/2 credit
Great for Grades 2-8!
A solid vocabulary is crucial for testing, writing, and the precise communication required by daily life.
Using a contextual approach, Wordly Wise 3000 students are taught to say unfamiliar words and identify any possible similarities to other words, use the word in context, break the word down into parts, and finally look it up. Three thousand carefully selected words taken from literature, textbooks, and SAT-prep books form the backbone of this vocabulary series. Each lesson begins with a Word List that includes pronunciations, parts of speech, and concise definitions, and uses each word in an interesting, contextual, sentence. Lessons teach new words through reading, writing, and a variety of activities designed to firmly associate words with the context in which they're used.