Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions:
What am I doing? Why am I doing it that way? Are there other ways? Which way is best for my family? Where do I get the resources I need to make it happen? How do I avoid over-spending on curriculum? This book is a wealth of information! Topics and chapters include:
- Comparison of reading programs
- Comparison of math programs
- Developing written expression
- Adapting materials for special situations.
- General homeschooling resources
- Resources for blind, deaf and speech language
- Curriculum types and styles
- How to take a snapshot of your child’s progress
- This book is a two-hour read that will provide you with direction, comfort and the means to make your homeschool some together in the ways you dream of. It will help you clear your brain and know your mind and then find the resources you need to carry out your newly discovered vision.
The chapters are:
- Am I Authorized to Homeschool My Child?
- Advantages of Homeschooling
- Individualized Education
- Home Instruction Sources - a Brief Outline
- How Expensive can Homeschooling be?
- Homeschool Laws- What You Need to Know.
- Homeschooling Concepts and Philosophies
- Homeschooling Vs. Unschooling
- Plan Your Own Home Schooling Curriculum
- Frequent Questions about Homeschooling
The reading Child is an easy step by step book. It will show and teach you :
- All the reasons why kids find it hard to learn to read or may just hate to read (too boring, not funny, too tricky, not clear) and what to do about them.
- Learn how to select books that match both their abilities and interests.
- All kinds of Approaches for improving word attack and reading comprehension.
- Tips that will help you think in a new way for getting your child to find reading as fun experience instead of drudgery and frustration.
- Jump-start your kids' imaginations through reading,
- Lay the foundation for your child to become a lifelong reader and change their lives!
Age Level: 3 - 8 | Grade Level: K - 3
Your young reader will be delighted to follow the clever actions of Perfect Pam as she learns the importance of heeding Wise Mother’s advice. Enjoy uncovering the mystery of why wolves avoid people whenever possible.
This informative kids book includes great pictures & well chosen words to help children learn more about Storms.
Aside from the amazing pictures Mr Smith presents in his Weather Book for Kids, he also covers some interesting facts and insights about the various types of storms, how they form & why, the destruction they can cause, and plenty of fun facts for kids.
Some of the points covered in this book include:
- How Were The Poison Dart Frogs Named?
- Toxicity (Poison) Levels In Poison Dart Frogs
- Golden Poison Frog
- Which Countries Do Poison Dart Frogs Live In?
- What Habitat Do Poison Dart Frogs Prefer?
- What Do Poison Dart Frogs Eat?
- Each Frog Is Brightly Colored
- How Big Are Poison Dart Frogs?
- How Far Can Poison Dart Frogs Jump?
- Poison Dart Frogs Protect Their Babies
- What Do Young Poison Dart Frogs Eat?
- How Long Do Poison Dart Frogs Live?
- What Predators Do Poison Dart Frogs Have?
- Other Threats To These Colorful Frogs
Some of the points covered in this book include:
1. How to Pronounce "Nudibranch"
2. Number of Species
3. Where are Nudibranchs Found
4. Nudibranch Diet
5. Nudibranch Body Shape
6. Nudibranch Reproduction
7. How Long Do Nudibranchs Live?
8. Nudibranch Predators
9. Camouflage For Protection
Age Level: 4 - 18 | Grade Level: K - 5
An impatient little unicorn can't wait to grow up and get its
horn, but wise Mother Unicorn lovingly guides her little one to
appreciate time and not wish it away.
This is a heart-warming story of a mother's love and guidance in helping her child see beyond the uncertainties of childhood and cherish each and every moment.
Age Level: 5 - 13 | Grade Level: 3 - 7
Imagine a time and a place very different from the world you know today.A time where the gods of Ancient Greece ruled the world from high on Mount Olympus. Gods like Zeus,Apollo,Aphrodite, Athena, Demeter, Hades, Hermes,Poseidon and Dionysus.
The names of these Greek Gods are still known the world over today, nearly 3000 years later, testament that the world still
loves a good story today as it did all that time ago.
Age Level: 12 - 18 | Grade Level: 6 - 12
Java is a very powerful, yet easy to learn language. It’s absolutely FREE and it’s EVERYWHERE - on your phone, on your computer, and on many other devices all around you every day, and in “Java Programming for Kids: Learn Java Step By Step and Build Your Own Interactive Calculator for Fun!” bestselling author R. Chandler Thompson will start you on your path as a Java programmer!
Sinbad is a sailor who voyages through the magical seas meeting monsters and supernatural creatures. Read the classic story of Sinbad, a middle eastern folk tale that has deligted audiences for centuries.
Age Level: 9 - 18
Twelve-year-old Corabelle Quinn is positive she doesn’t have a single living relative, much less a quirky great uncle named Professor McNitt. But after ten months of sharing a bedroom with a biting toddler and a money-obsessed boy genius named Aiken, she gladly moves in with him anyway.
As it turns out, Professor McNitt is not only an inventor of bizarre and marvelous things, but the only person who knows two very important secrets: the real story of Cora’s family, and the hidden passage to Gambit Island. But just when he begins to reveal how these two things are closely intertwined—he suddenly vanishes.
If Cora wants to save her uncle, she will have to forge through the unexplored, unpredictable land of Gambit. Her only aids? A little black book of codes and symbols, and smug, know-it-all Aiken.
In Gambit, Cora and Aiken certainly do not expect to find a technologically advanced city of sprykes (fairies who are not allowed to use their wings), a coalition of civilized animals, a tribe of mermaid descendants in a golden city, or a clan of lost Vikings. But at least they are friendly.
Have you ever been chased by hornet-riding cavemen? By the half-dead in a cavernous labyrinth? By shark-human hybrids? Consider yourself lucky. But even they aren’t as terrifying as the person holding Professor McNitt hostage.
As Cora and Aiken race across Gambit Island, they slowly piece together the mysteries of its origin—and how closely they are each tied to it.
Age Level: 3 - 10 | Grade Level: P - 5
The Fearsome Charlie Grace holds a race of pirates in this book of rhythm and fun.
Each page introduces a new pirate coming to a calamitous, hilarious end in this adventure race.
With colorful full-page illustrations and a wonderful sing-song rhythm, your children will love reading this story over and over again.
Age Level: 6 - 14 | Grade Level: 2 - 7
Will Allen may be one of the smallest boys at Ashford Middle School, but he is also one of the smartest. But cleverness alone isn't enough to help him when monsters infest his room!
Together with his friend Jeannine Fitsimmons, Will searches fruitlessly for help, until a strange business card appears, instructing them how to summon Bigelow Hawkins, the Great Monster Detective. With Bigelow's help, along with the use of his very special monster-fighting instruments, the RevealeR and the MonsterScope, Will must learn how to conquer his monsters and reveal the secret of the dreaded HIDDEN BEAST before it's too late...