The Easter Story encompasses so much. From a Christian perspective, it's a story of what Easter is all about. It's a story about remembering Jesus' death and resurrection.
It's also a story about the Easter bunny, Easter eggs, Easter parades, Candy and Easter traditions around the world.
In his book about Easter, discover the Christian meaning of Easter and how some of the traditions and customs we have come to know and celebrate over the Easter holiday, came about.
Scroll up and grab a copy to read all about Easter and its traditions and customs.
LEARNZILLA is a helpful, practical annotated guide to 30 learning websites designed to help elementary students with reading, writing and math. All of the websites are FREE, fun, child-centred, easy to use, and are sure to engage children in the learning process.
Here are some of the reasons you might need LEARNZILLA:
- Your children need help with their homework and you need fast, FREE, and accessible learning resources to help build their skills...
- You want to keep the kids engaged learning during the summer months to help them retain and build on what they learned during the school year. But it is summer, so you want the learning to be fun…
- The report card is in and it wasn’t quite what you had expected. You are starting to wonder if your child is keeping up in school but money is tight so a tutor is out of the question. Panic starts to set in...
- Your children are curious about the wonderful world around them and you would like to help them learn more but you don’t know where to start…
- You are sick and tired of the kids watching TV and gaming. You have had enough and want them to spend some of their screen time doing something productive such as building their skills and learning new things…
Learn about the structured text conversation as the effective and ideal way to teach and learn true reading comprehension. Being able to read is not the same as automatically comprehending what is being read. Teaching reading comprehension is something different from teaching the ability to decode words and sentences. Many students, even in the higher classes just before high school, need to improve their reading comprehension skills to succeed in both school and life. This book will show you how.
This book will also:
- Discuss and show you the difference between reading and reading comprehension.
- Explain the concept of reading comprehension and how this is connected to learning and teaching reading comprehension.
- Introduce and explain the intricacies of two main approaches to the structured text conversation.
- Take you through 2 real-life examples of a structured text conversation using both approaches found in this book.
(Bilingual Illustrated Books for Kids of All Ages - English/Spanish)
The bilingual LEARN SPANISH WITH HUMPTY illustrated book series is ideal for children of all ages. Written in English and Spanish, it uses very simple vocabulary, very short sentences, and very simplified grammar to increase language comprehension and ease reading practice.
In MEETING PEOPLE (Conociendo gente) Humpty Dumpty finds a magic lamp with an incredible genie that takes him in a wondrous trip around the world, in which they both meet people and new friends.
WHAT THIS BOOK TEACHES THE READER:
Fun and exciting, this story teaches the reader basic Spanish conversation when meeting people and making friends. It includes different greetings (pleased to meet you, nice meeting you, the pleasure is mine, etc.) as well as basic questions and answers.
REVISED AND UPDATED March 2014 with new content on homeschooling rhythms and even more practical advice!
Overwhelmed by the challenge of homeschooling in the real world? Are rewarding school days possible in the midst of errands, laundry piles and extracurricular activities?
Absolutely! Let Plan To Be Flexible show you how.
Born out of one mom's struggle to find order and peace, reading this book is like having a coffee with someone that's "been there, done that." Plan to Be Flexible's focus on "rhythms" instead of a rigid schedule testifies to how free-form learning (and the realities of daily life) can happily co-exist within the framework of a goal-oriented plan.
Easy, quality craft projects for children, classes, and scout groups, plus a BONUS book of tiny wearable crafts (swaps)
Bored kids? Sick child who won’t rest? Whining children when the rain just won’t quit? A sudden sleep over? Called upon to lead the troop this week? Need a project the whole classroom can do? This book hands is the answer to what to do when there’s nothing to do. It’s loaded with easy crafts with impressive results that any child can handle with minimal help. In fact the less help-- the better! Adults will also find interesting projects here.
This picture book is part of a larger differentiated lesson based on the theory of Multiple Intelligences. A song, meaningful gestures, and creative visuals are used to help students build schema associated with geography and to create lasting associations which will linger long after the story fades. On My Way Across the United States is a picture book designed to both entertain and teach the geography of The United States. Burk the Turkey wants to be the nation's official bird, so he takes a whimsical journey across The United States. Each person he meets and place he visits helps him learn geography. Scrapbooking techniques and modeling clay were used in the creation of this book.